Saturday, February 11, 2017

Planets of the Solar System

In our classroom we are currently studying the planets of the solar system! We are learning about the differences between the terrestrial planets and gas giants as well as memorizing the order of the planets in our solar system.

We are currently learning a song to memorize the planets of the solar system. The song is titled "The Planets of our Solar System" and is sung to the tune of "Let it Go" from the popular Disney Franchise movie "Frozen". I have posted the lyrics below, feel free to practice it home with your child, I think you too will find the song quite comical!


The Planets of our Solar System

Mercury, Venus, Earth, and don’t forget Mars

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune

Here they spin, and Orbit now

There is no Planet nine

Pluto doesn’t count

It’s a dwarf, It’s a dwarf, and you need to let it go

It was way too small to be a planet anyway

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice way to incorporate a popular song in order to memorize material. Pluto will still forever be included in "My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets." I will just have to take it off after I figured out the order of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA dude nice :) this is like my favorite song now!

    ReplyDelete